Santa Monica Twilight Dance Series at the Santa Monica Pier
2012 Schedule and Info for the Free Santa Monica Pier Concerts
For 27 years, the Santa Monica Pier has hosted the Twilight Dance Series which are a free concerts on Thursday nights during summer. These are great free concerts that are open to the public and feature top musicians. You can bring your own seating and I suggest you come early to get a good spot. The concerts are from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. There is a huge parking lot adjacent to the pier but it fills up early and is $8.00 to park. A lot of concert goers ride their bikes to the Santa Monica Pier and take advantage of the bike valet service which handles hundreds of bikes. A lot of people just bring a blanket and find a spot on the beach and listen to the concert on the pier. Note: no alcoholic beverages and dogs must be on a leash.
There is also another concert series on Thursdays during the summer just a few miles south of Santa Monica. The Marina del Rey Free Concerts feature classical and pop performance along the waterfront.
Concert Schedule for 2012
28th Annual Santa Monica Pier Twilight Dance Series July 5, 2011 through September 6, 2012
- JULY 5 - DONAVON FRANKENREITER + Jeff Young
DONAVON FRANKENREITER â€“ Native Southern Californian Surfer/Troubadour
+ Song and Dance Society featuring Jeff Young and Dannielle DeAndrea
- JULY 12 - THE MIGHTY DIAMONDS + The Lions
THE MIGHTY DIAMONDS â€“ Classic Reggae from Jamaica
+ THE LIONS
- JULY 19 - HAIM + Wildcat! Wildcat!
HAIM â€“ Sisters Singing Indie Pop
+ Wildcat! Wildcat!
- JULY 26 - JACKIE GREENE + Me and Heath (Rustys Surf Ranch Emerging Artist winner)
JACKIE GREENE â€“ Rock and Blues Roots Music
+ Me and Heath (Rusty's Surf Ranch Emerging Artist winner)
- AUGUST 2 - Australia Rocks featuring KASEY CHAMBERS + Matt Ellis + D Henry Fenton
Australia Rocks featuring KASEY CHAMBERS, Australian Folk Pop
+ Matt Ellis + D Henry Fenton
- AUGUST 9 - PARADE Collective â€“ Showcase featuring musicians from Cirque du Soleil
PARADE Collective â€“ Showcase featuring musicians from Cirque du Soleil
- AUGUST 16 - AMADOU & MARIAM + Y La Bamba
AMADOU & MARIAM â€“ African Rock from Mali
+ Y La Bamba
- AUGUST 23 - ALEX CUBA + Lucky 7 Mambo
ALEX CUBA â€“ Latin Pop
Lucky 7 Mambo
- AUGUST 30 - New Orleans own HOT 8 BRASS BAND + The Gumbo Brothers
New Orleans' own HOT 8 BRASS BAND Upbeat and Funky horn-focused New Orleans music
+ The Gumbo Brothers
- SEPTEMBER 6 - BEST COAST + NO
BEST COAST â€“ Indie Rock evoking the life, light and feeling of So Cal
As soon as I get the schedule for the 2013 concerts, I will post it on this website.